We are closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. See our information for current students or if your course has not yet started read our FAQs.

student accommodation

Why live in university accommodation?

A place to call home

Getting the most out of your student experience while living and studying abroad in the UK is more than just going to classes and learning in a different language. A large part of your experience will be meeting new people, both local students and other international students. By living on campus in one of Keele University’s Halls of Residence, you can live alongside other students, building relationships and life-long friendships.

Wherever you choose to live on campus, you will feel at the heart of student life.You are always within a close walk to the woodlands and lakes across the beautiful campus, or the shops and cafes in the centre of campus. You will love living close to everything you need.

Why choose the Halls of Residence?

Keele has four halls of residence on campus and in nearby Keele village, with over 2,800 bedrooms. With so many choices, you will easily find the right accommodation to suit your needs. Each hall also offers wheelchair accessible suites.

Barnes Hall has rooms for over 1,000 students and overlooks the Sports Centre and adjacent playing fields. It’s the perfect location for anyone who wants to get involved in campus sports or use the facilities. It is also near the Medicine School and the new Keele Business School. There is a common room where you can meet with friends for games, a launderette, bicycle storage and Barnes Bar for small events and relaxing.

Holly Cross and The Oaks are located between Keele village and the lecture theatres towards the southwest of campus. They have beautiful countryside views. Living here, you will be less than a 10 minute walk from the Food Court and Students’ Union, library and your classes. This is a great place to live if you want to be right in the centre of life at Keele. There are over 400 en-suite bedrooms, as well as a launderette and 24-hour security. The Cross common room serves both buildings and is a great place for relaxing with friends.

If you want to immerse yourself in Keele’s amazing natural scenery as much as possible, you should consider living at Horwood Hall. Located on the east side of campus, this accommodation is right next to Keele’s woodland and lakes. It is also central to campus and close to Union Square, with easy access to the library, shops, SU, Chapel and Keele Hall. There are rooms for approximately 690 students, and you will have access to a launderette, bicycle storage and recycling points.

At the south of campus is Lindsay Hall, overlooking beautiful farmland and close to the science teaching facilities. There are rooms for over 550 students, and the hall offers a relaxing atmosphere. There is a launderette and 24-hour security, but there is also the popular Lindsay Café Bar which serves food and drink seven days a week. Or you can visit The Hexagon, the common room, for lounging and games.

How much does it cost?

The cost of living on campus varies depending on the halls of residence you choose and the type of room.

Accommodation Room type Tenancy length Catered Room cost per week*
Barnes Hall Standard and en-suite 37 weeks No £102.55 - £165.62
Holly Cross & The Oaks En-suite 37 weeks No £158
Horwood Hall Standard and en-suite 37 weeks No £107.04 - £144
Lindsay Hall Standard 37 weeks No £87.15 - £158

Arrange your room

If you require support in sourcing accommodation, please contact our Keele ISC Central Student Support Team to enquire about our currently available accommodation options.

Top 5 affordable location

Keele University is in the Top 5 most affordable university locations in the UK (Totally Money, 2018)

What the Halls of Residence offer

Living on campus in Keele’s halls of residence, you will have everything you need all in one place. Your hall will be equipped with everything for you to live a comfortable life during your studies while also being close to your classes and campus events. Each hall of residence offers a different style of living and the features will vary depending on where you choose to live. These include:

Facilities Accommodation
Barnes Hall Holly Cross and The Oaks Horwood Hall Lindsay Hall
Bicycle storage
Cafe or bar
Card and coin pay telephones
Common room
Ensuite or shared bathrooms
Laundry facilities
Recycling points
Shared kitchens

Book your accommodation

You can begin to book your accommodation when you complete your application to study at the International Study Centre. If you are not sure what type of accommodation you need, or would like to book your accommodation later, you can email our Accommodation team to help with reserving your room. We recommend applying for your room as soon as possible so you don’t miss out on your top choices. To apply:

  1. Request your accommodation when you apply for your course at the International Study Centre.*
  2. Confirm your place at the International Study Centre. When the University portal opens, the University will contact you with your University Student ID and further instructions on how to apply for your accommodation.
  3. Apply for your accommodation by logging in to the University’s online system and following the application process.
  4. Secure your room by following the confirmation steps. You will need to make a partial rent payment to complete this stage. Please don’t forget to read the Terms & Conditions and cancellation policy carefully.

*All accommodation is subject to availability. Room cost per week is intended as a guide only, and subject to change. The cost of your room will be confirmed in the tenancy agreement.

What do our students say?

Student holding books in Keele University library

"The campus is huge, beautiful and peaceful. It’s a very nice place to study, and Keele is a good place to be an international student. The student community in Keele is open minded, chilled, fun and understanding about other cultures and traditions."

Basyeerah from Brunei studied International Year One in International Relations and Politics

Now studying BA (Hons) International Relations and Politics