Keele University

The UK is a welcoming, safe and exciting country for international students. Studying abroad in the UK is a great way to learn about modern British society and its many different communities.

Student life in Britain

Cultural diversity

The UK attracts visitors, professionals and students from all over the world because of its interesting culture, successful industries and beautiful landscapes. Those who have made it their home add to an amazing society made up of many different communities. Each one brings something unique to the UK’s food, music, film, literature and more.

Rich history

Learning about the UK’s rich history is all part of enjoying the fullest student experience at Keele. More than 5,000 castles still stand around the UK as symbols of the country's unique past. Open to the public, Windsor Castle is known for its architecture and is still a residence of the British Royal Family. In Derbyshire you can see for yourself the fine interiors of beautiful Bolsover Castle, or take the train to Scotland to see majestic Edinburgh Castle as you arrive into Waverley Station.

Natural beauty

The UK mainland may be small but it still manages to fit in 15 National Parks. Discover the Peak District close to Keele in England, Snowdonia in Wales and Loch Lomond and The Trossachs in Scotland. You can explore beautiful stretches of rugged coastline with traditional fishing villages and seaside towns right around the UK. Find surfing beaches in Cornwall and Devon, mountains to climb in Scotland, and the Jurassic Coast in Dorset – a location loved by fossil hunters.

Popular attractions

The UK's main cultural hubs and countryside highlights are easily accessible by train. Take the train to London to see Buckingham Palace or Platform 9 ¾ at Kings Cross Station. Manchester, which is less than an hour’s train journey from Stoke-on-Trent, is the birthplace of some of the UK's most groundbreaking music. Or you could spend a weekend surrounded by the spectacular mountains of the Scottish Highlands. 

Close to campus

Keele University’s closest city, Stoke-on-Trent, has a long reputation for producing high-quality ceramics. You will find plenty of places to shop for beautiful gifts, and you can visit World of Wedgwood for demonstrations and the chance to work with clay. 

One of the UK's leading theme parks, Alton Towers, is less than an hour's drive from the Keele campus. If you love rollercoasters, candy floss and log flumes, you are sure to have fun here.