This programme will prepare you for studying your chosen Masters degree at Keele University. A Masters degree will give you the competitive edge in your professional or academic career – this is reflected in Keele graduates’ exceptional employment record.
What is the Pre-Masters programme?
The Pre-Masters is a specialist preparation course that is designed to meet the needs of international students. It is a two-term programme of academic subjects, study skills and English language training that will prepare you for studying a postgraduate degree at Keele University.
You can choose one of two routes:
By joining the programme you will:
– Get the high level of academic knowledge and learning skills the University expects postgraduate students to have.
– Adapt to the UK's academic system and a new cultural environment.
– Achieve the right academic qualification and a substantial understanding of your subject.
– Gain the high level of English language you will need for postgraduate study.
– Be able to go on to study your chosen Masters programme (when you successfully complete the course and achieve the required grades).
You will study a combination of core and subject-specific modules that focus on academic areas most useful to your chosen degree.
Progress to your Masters
When you receive confirmation of your place to study at the International Study Centre, you will receive a conditional offer of a place on one of the specified master’s degrees at the university. Once you successfully complete the programme, and achieve the required grades, you will join your chosen master’s degree.
To ensure you make good progress and achieve the results you need, we’ll give you regular assessments. These include coursework, unseen written exams, presentations, extended essays and case studies.
Find out more
Want to know more about our courses, or want to ask a question? Fill in the enquiry form
Already decided which course you would like to study? Apply online