You will now be able to study your progression degree on the same combined visa as your Pre-sessional English for International Year One, International Year One or Pre-master’s programme at Keele University International Study Centre. This means you only need one visa, which will cover both your time at the International Study Centre, and when you progress to the University of Keele.
Pathway programmes at Keele University International Study Centre
Our International Year One and Pre-master’s programmes prepare international students for university through a combination of English language tuition, academic study and subject-specific teaching. The programmes make sure that our students are confident in their own abilities when they progress to the Keele University course of their choice.
Stay in the UK for the duration of your preparation programme and degree
The new Combined Visa means there is no need for international students to go home to renew their visa between finishing their pathway programme and starting their undergraduate degree or master’s course. Students now have more than 30 alternatives to IELTS when they apply for their original UK visa.
Benefits of the Combined Visa
- Just one visa required for the whole length of students' studies
- Over 30 alternatives to IELTS accepted as proof of students' English language level*
- Allows students to work up to 20 hours per week enhancing CV and graduate prospects
- Suitable for students who have previously studied academic subjects in the UK
- Gives students the opportunity to travel and explore the UK between courses.
*International Year One only. For Pre-Sessional English, only UKVI Academic IELTS are accepted.
The new Combined Visa will mean a smoother academic transition for our students and mean they can enjoy remaining in the UK for the duration of their studies.
Find out more about pathway programmes at Keele University International Study Centre