The new term at the International Study Centre starts soon!
Starting your course in September?
Your term starts on Wednesday 21 September, and you need to arrive at the International Study Centre at 9am.
Starting your course in October?
Your term starts on Monday 10 October, and you need to arrive at the International Study Centre at 9am.
Download the pre-arrival guide to help you plan your journey to the UK
Five things you need to do
Apply for a visa
You will need a Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) number in order to apply.
Book your accommodation
Visit the Accommodation page for more information.
Book your flights
Manchester Airport is nearest to Keele (56km) away. There are frequent trains from the airport to Manchester Piccadilly station where there is a regular service to Stoke-on-Trent railway station.
Complete the pre-arrival form
We will email you a link to the online form one month before the start of your course.
You need to have personal insurance when studying in the UK. Visit our Student insurance page for more information.
What to pack
You can buy everything you need in one of the shops Stoke-on-Trent. The ISC has a relaxed atmosphere, so you can bring your comfortable clothes with you. Items such as clothes, books, travel adaptors and electrical items can be packed in your suitcase. Important items need to be packed in your hand luggage:
- Your passport and visa
- UKVI decision letter
- Confirmation of Acceptance for Study letter (CAS)
- Your offer letter IELTS certificate or other original Secure English Language Test result
- Evidence of funding for your tuition fees and living costs, including sponsor letter (if you are being sponsored)
- Accommodation documents, including your signed tenancy agreement
- Four passport-sized photographs Insurance documents
- Medical certificates (including vaccination records)
- Essential toiletries and medications (check with your airline which items you can take on the flight with you)
- If you are under the age of 18, a copy of your UK guardian's details Enough money to live on in the first few weeks.