Studying in the UK is an exciting experience, and living with other students is the best way to experience student life. You’ll have the opportunity to live in one of our welcoming Halls of Residence where you’ll feel at home from day one and make new, lifelong friends.
If you wish to arrange your own accommodation, there are private rooms, flats and houses available in the local area.
Why choose the Halls of Residence?
There are five Halls of Residence on campus, each with its own unique character and a strong sense of community.
||Holly Cross & The Oaks
|This residence is located very close to the International Study Centre overlooking the sports centre adjacent to the playing fields. There are plenty of rooms available and students will benefit from a student bar, common room area as well as 24 hour security and residence support.
|This residence is located between Keele Village and the lecture halls. Outside grounds are ideal for relaxing or having a BBQ. There’s also a common room with vending machines that have drinks and snacks.
What the Halls of Residence offer
- Comfortable standard and en suite room options with a shared kitchen.
- Standard rooms have a washbasin, and the bathroom is shared.
- En-suite rooms have a washbasin, shower and a toilet.
- Room facilities include free Wi-Fi and cleaning (every two weeks).
- Halls of Residence facilities include launderette, welfare support, security patrol and bicycle storage.
- Catered, which means that meals are included in the cost of your accommodation, and non-catered accommodation options.
- Located within 5-15 minute walk away from the International Study Centre, academic buildings, and campus facilities such as shops, library and the sports centre.
How to book your accommodation
- Request your accommodation when you apply for your course at the International Study Centre.*
- Confirm your place at the International Study Centre. When the University portal opens, the University will contact you with your University Student ID and further instructions on how to apply for your accommodation.
- Apply for your accommodation by logging in to the University’s online system and following the application process.
- Secure your room by following the confirmation steps. You will need to make a partial rent payment to complete this stage. Please don’t forget to read the Terms & Conditions and cancellation policy carefully.
- Start planning your exciting student journey to the UK!
Guideline costs for 2017/18
||Room cost per week*
|Holly Cross &
| Horwood Hall
|Standard and En-suite
||£85.49 - £132.51
| Lindsay Hall
|| 37 weeks
| Barnes Hall
||Standard and En-suite
|| 37 weeks
||£91.07 - £155.35
* All accommodation is subject to availability. Room cost per week is intended as a guide only, and subject to change. The cost of your room will be confirmed in the tenancy agreement.
Don't forget to...
- Make sure you've arranged your accommodation to ensure that there are no difficulties with confirming your course at immigration.
- Check where and when to collect your room keys (the details are in your room offer).
- Print your accommodation boarding pass and bring it with you when you arrive at your Halls of Residence to collect your room keys.